- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Sort By :
These muffins are delicious. I used reduced-fat sour cream in place of the yogurt and added a bit of lemon juice. I will definitely make these again.
Followed the recipe as it stated but added lemon zest to the batter and used frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones. The muffins were moist, a bit dense and had the right amount of sweetness to our taste. A keeper.
So grateful for everyone else's reviews... These are great! I made a few modifications also: I used old fashioned oats (I think they are interchangeable with instant ones). I almost doubled the brown sugar. I didn't use as much cinnammon or nutmeg as the recipe called for. I added raw sugar to the tops - be sure to do that before you bake them or else you'll make a terrible mess! I added more blueberries - keep a handful of blueberries aside for that last little bit of batter in the bottom that always seems to have no fruit! I used Greek vanilla yogurt, but I think next time I will use half plain and half vanilla. The vanilla is tasty but a little over powering. This recipe is definitely going in my recipe book!
We love these muffins. They are very moist and tender. Just the right amount of sweet and the spices are lovely!
One of my favorites but I added a little more sugar. I also have made these with vanilla and blueberry yogurt.