Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins(20)
Sort By :
Very good but could use more sugar
VERY good muffins! Be aware that the batter is very very thick, so don't let that worry you and don't try to thin it out. They have a wonderful taste and were very easy to make! My picky 3 y/o loved them! Next time I might cut down on the cinamon just a bit as it was very prominent flavor (however not in a bad way). I did sprinkle some raw sugar on top prior to baking to give them a nice "crust". Will certainly make these again!
These muffins were delicious!! Very filling with the oatmeal in them. I didn't have yogurt, so I substituted 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 buttermilk. Several of the reviews mentioned adding sugar, so I did add 3 Tab. white sugar. This will be my go-to muffin recipe!
I didn't quite double the sugar, but probably will at least double it next time. Still good muffins.
These have to be the easiest and nicest muffins I have ever made. I used frozen berries straight from the packet, fresh grated nutmeg and oats that had dried fruit in with it. Will most definitely be trying again, maybe with apple next time..