Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
These tender muffins are easy to eat on the go. Oats, blueberries and yogurt make them tasty and nutritious. “These are wonderful,” says Donna Brockett from Kingfisher, Oklahoma.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the egg, yogurt and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 167 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC