Blueberry Oat Waffles Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in pecans and blueberries. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 2 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
2 each: 669 calories, 41g fat (7g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Waffles
"These are surely tasty, however they make a terrific mess out of the waffle iron. I'm not sure it was worth the effort."