Blueberry Oat Waffles Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in pecans and blueberries. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 2 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
1 serving (2 each) equals 669 calories, 41 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Waffles
"These are surely tasty, however they make a terrific mess out of the waffle iron. I'm not sure it was worth the effort."