- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, egg, oil and lemon juice; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in pecans and blueberries. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 2 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Blueberry Oat Waffles in Country Woman September/October 2003, p36
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2015
"These are surely tasty, however they make a terrific mess out of the waffle iron. I'm not sure it was worth the effort."