This is definitely a "Wow, this is different!" smoothie. I had never thought to put oatmeal in a smoothie before, but after soaking, there is no stiffness to the oats at all! If using fresh blueberries, two or three ice cubes may be added to the blender to make a chillier treat.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30
- seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve
- immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 219 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.