Blueberry Oat Dessert Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, divided
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in blueberries. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cake mix and 1 cup oats. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Stir egg substitute into remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread blueberry mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Combine the brown sugar, remaining oats and reserved crumb mixture. Cut in remaining butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 18 servings.
1 piece: 232 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Dessert
"I served it with ice cream for guests.They all wanted the recipe."
"Great news Weight Watchers. This recipe has only 6 pts. per piece. Really good in taste."
"A bit sweet, but totally yummy!!"
"Great recipe! It was so yummy. I would of gave it a 5 star but it was hard to spread the bottom layer on the pan. Just the right amount of blueberry and sweetness. 4 1/2 star"
"These are wonderful! These were easy to put togeher and tasted great."
"I have made this several times for out of town guests, and it is always a hit! One friend says that this is her favorite dessert."