Blueberry Oat Dessert Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, divided
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in blueberries. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cake mix and 1 cup oats. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Stir egg substitute into remaining crumb mixture.
- 3. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread blueberry mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Combine the brown sugar, remaining oats and reserved crumb mixture. Cut in remaining butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 18 servings.
One piece equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Dessert
"I served it with ice cream for guests.They all wanted the recipe."
"Great news Weight Watchers. This recipe has only 6 pts. per piece. Really good in taste."
"A bit sweet, but totally yummy!!"
"Great recipe! It was so yummy. I would of gave it a 5 star but it was hard to spread the bottom layer on the pan. Just the right amount of blueberry and sweetness. 4 1/2 star"
"These are wonderful! These were easy to put togeher and tasted great."
"I have made this several times for out of town guests, and it is always a hit! One friend says that this is her favorite dessert."