Blueberry Oat Dessert Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, divided
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in blueberries. Cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix and 1 cup oats. Cut in 6 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumb mixture for topping. Stir egg substitute into remaining crumb mixture.
- Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread blueberry mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Combine the brown sugar, remaining oats and reserved crumb mixture. Cut in remaining butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Dessert(6)
Sort By :
I served it with ice cream for guests.
They all wanted the recipe.
Great news Weight Watchers. This recipe has only 6 pts. per piece. Really good in taste.
A bit sweet, but totally yummy!!
Great recipe! It was so yummy. I would of gave it a 5 star but it was hard to spread the bottom layer on the pan. Just the right amount of blueberry and sweetness. 4 1/2 star
These are wonderful! These were easy to put togeher and tasted great.