Blueberry Oat Cookies
It's fun to make these cookies at the height of blueberry season when folks are looking for tasty ways to serve that juicy fruit. A hint of cinnamon adds a special touch. —Elaine Gelina, Ladson, South Carolina
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.