- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Cookies
Sort By :
"I just made these cookies they were so easy and super delicious very soft but if you cook them just right there easy to pick up I used 2 teaspoons of cinnamon which I thought really set off the cookies also used A good brand of frozen blueberries because that's what I had in the freezer I think this is an awesome recipe and definitely recommend it"
"I've made these twice. Both times in bar form using gluten free flour and old fashioned oats. I added a little flax as well. First time I cut back the sugar a bit (3/4 cup) and they were way too sweet. I topped them with plain yogurt and they made an excellent breakfast. Second time I cut back the sugar even more (1/2 cup) and topped them with almonds and coconut. Served with a little plain yogurt and they are excellent. If you cut back the sugar they make a great breakfast. I hate breakfast so I'd call these a success."
"These are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever made. I've added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and In lieu of blueberries, I've added dried mixed berries and walnuts. Delicious!!!!"
"Was looking for something to do with all of the blueberries from our high bush blueberry bushes. These are really easy to make, look just like the picture and are absolutely delicious! As others have stated, they are VERY soft and crumble really easily (especially after the first day). But the taste is absolutely wonderful. I put the crumbles in a small bowl and squeeze a few together and then pop them in my mouth! Only use one tsp of cinnamon and that is perfect for us!"