Blueberry Oat Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, brown sugar and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter until blended. Fold in the oats, blueberries and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 240 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Cake
"This cake was so moist. It was a great hit with fruit lovers."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.