Blueberry Oat Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, brown sugar and oil. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter until blended. Fold in the oats, blueberries and walnuts if desired.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 240 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Cake
"This cake was so moist. It was a great hit with fruit lovers."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.