These muffins are a recreation from a recipe passed down from my mother-in-law. I made the muffins lighter and used half whole wheat flour to add more fiber. They're a great nutritious way to start your day. Virginia Sollitt
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk,
- oil and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 375° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.