Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Blueberry Muffins(7)
Sort By :
These muffins were very good, and not dry at all considering they contained whole wheat flour. This recipe has a LOT of blueberries, almost too many in my opinion, but an easy fix for next time.
Love this recipe! I doubled it and used just 1/2 cup of sugar. I also added a tablespoon of ground flax seed. Muffins were moist and light and freeze beautifully.
I doubled the recipe and only added half of the sugar. I added 1/3 cup orange juice and only half the oil. I also added 1/4 c. flax seed. They turned out light and tasty. I will make these again.
I thought the muffins were very good. I doubled the recipe, and used Splenda for 1/2 of the sugar, used unsweetened apple sauce for 1/2 of the oil, added 1 Tbsp. of ground flax seed and 1 Tbsp. of wheat germ. I also used ground cloves instead of nutmeg. They were not heavy and quite healthy!