Blueberry Muffin French Toast Recipe
My 13-year-old daughter and her friends asked for French toast at a sleepover, but we were out of bread. I used muffins instead, and they loved it. Double or triple this recipe for a holiday brunch. —Bonnie Geavaras-Bootz, Scottsdale, Arizona
- 4 day-old jumbo blueberry muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Trim rounded tops off muffins (save for another use). Cut remaining muffins crosswise into 1/2-in. slices.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, creamer and cinnamon. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of muffin slices in egg mixture. Place in skillet; toast 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
2 slices equals 529 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC