Blueberry Mini Muffins Recipe
"These bite-size muffins are popular in our family," reports Suzanne Fredette of Littleton, Massachusetts. "They're especially nice for potlucks since they leave enough room on your plate to try all the other dishes."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:42 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries (batter will be thick).
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups with about a tablespoon of batter. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC