- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups with about a tablespoon of batter. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Mini Muffins
Sort By :
"Apology in advance for the necropost, but I recently baked this twice, all with small modifications. The first time - a couple of weeks ago - I followed the recipe exactly except that I replaced the buttermilk with regular milk and we put 1 cup of sugar as opposed to 2 cups of sugar and my mom melted the butter and she literally put in the blueberries in the batter. It came up beautifully, but it wasn't as sugary as I liked, even with a sprinkling of sugar on top. In the second time (yesterday) - again I replaced the buttermilk with regular milk but, since my mom couldn't find frozen/fresh blueberries, had to buy a blueberry mix/substitute, we put cake flour and I insisted that we should put in 2 cups of sugar. It went up fine, except it was a touch too milky because the blueberry mix required more milk and the blueberries were in the bottom of the batter (although we put the mix in the bottom with the flour on top). Will bake again, yummy! By the way, if you use the bigger muffin tins, it takes about 20-30 more minutes to completely bake. Remember, when in doubt, use the toothpick test!"
"This recipe baked up beautifully but it made 74 mini muffins - not 47!! Hopefully, they will freeze well. Sprinkled with sugan and that made it pretty. Also, if you have a choice about the size of blueberries you use, it is best to use a smaller berry. These are small and it would be better with smaller berries."
"These mini muffins were a hit with my husband and two boys. Just the right amount of blueberry goodness! These would be a perfect after shool snack. I will be making them more often."
"Careful when folding in berries. My muffins turned purple"