- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Loaf Cake
Sort By :
"Very good, I am not much of a baker and this turned out perfect. I added fresh raspberries as well as the blueberries. I have an allergy to cinnamon so I just used brown sugar on top and it came out perfect! Much better eaten hot, my boyfriend love it!"
"added a pinch of salt, melted and cooled butter and added 1/4 c flour"
"Love Love love this. Was easy to make and was so good I made another one the next day"
"this was a big hit at my home, the topping make it a extra hit"
"Delicious. Very moist and easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness."