MY FAMILY loves fresh blueberries just about any way, but this loaf cake is a favorite at breakfast, as a delicious snack or quick dessert. We always look forward to summer, when fresh blueberries appear in the market. -Nancy Anderson, Broomall, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Blueberry Loaf Cake in Reminisce July/August 1999, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Loaf Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review