My husband's family makes a cranberry beverage for the holidays. I changed it up and serve it this way in winter and summer, when blueberries are in season. —Rebecca Bratsman, Tacoma, Washington
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups blueberry juice or blueberry juice cocktail
- 2 liters regular or diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Fresh or frozen blueberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool 30 minutes.
- Stir juice concentrates and blueberry juice into syrup; divide mixture (about 2 cups each) among five 1-1/2-pint freezer containers. Freeze, covered, overnight or until firm.
- For each four-serving batch, place one portion frozen mixture into a blender; add 1-2/3 cups soda. Cover and process just until blended. Serve immediately. If desired, serve with blueberries. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Blueberry Lime Slush in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p24
Reviews for Blueberry Lime Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review