Blueberry Lemon Trifle
A refreshing lemon filling and fresh blueberries give this sunny dessert sensation plenty of color. "Don't worry about heating up the oven," says Ellen Peden of Houston, Texas. "This doesn't require baking."
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine
- pie filling and yogurt.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake
- cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with
- whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish
- with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired. Yield:
- 12-14 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now