Blueberry Lemon Trifle Recipe
A refreshing lemon filling and fresh blueberries give this sunny dessert sensation plenty of color. "Don't worry about heating up the oven," says Ellen Peden of Houston, Texas. "This doesn't require baking."
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- 1. Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt.
- 2. In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC