Blueberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
When my sister and I spent the night at our grandmother's house, we often requested these muffins for breakfast. Today, I bake them for my kids. The very aroma is a trip down memory lane.—Kris Michels Walled Lake, Michigan
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk together the egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Combine lemon peel and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 154 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry Lemon Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC