Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
For the little kid in you, try this sweet, icy treat. But make no mistake; it's definitely for adults.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 slices pound cake
- 4 teaspoons Jeremiah Weed sweet tea vodka
- 1 cup lemon sorbet, softened
- 1 cup blueberry crumble ice cream, softened
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Brush cake slices with vodka. Spread sorbet over two cake slices.
- Spread ice cream over remaining cake slices. Sandwich each sorbet
- topped cake slice with an ice cream topped cake slice.
- Cut sandwiches in half. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Place on a
- baking sheet; freeze for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ice cream sandwich equals 432 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.