Blueberry Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add 1 teaspoon lemon peel. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Arrange blueberries in a single layer over top; set aside.
- 2. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in the remaining lemon peel. Carefully pour over blueberries.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 233 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Lemon Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.