This bread has a nice balance of lemon and blueberry flavor, with the texture of pound cake. For a special touch, serve with honey butter or lemon curd.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine topping ingredients; spread over warm bread. Yield: 1 mini loaf.
Originally published as Blueberry Lemon Bread in Reminisce Extra May 2011, p51
Reviews for Blueberry Lemon Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2014
"This is very delicious! A nice touch after our meal. I used fresh blueberries. Do not omit the topping. It really makes the taste pop!"
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2012
"This was a hit with company for brunch, I'll make it again tomorrow!"