Blueberry Lattice Bars Recipe
Since our area has an annual blueberry festival, my daughters and I are always looking for great new berry recipes to enter in the cooking contest. These lovely yummy bars won a blue ribbon one year. -Debbie Ayers, Baileyville, Maine
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and cornstarch to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Roll two-thirds of the dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with filling. Roll out remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; make a lattice crust over filling.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 185 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC