- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough into one-third and two-thirds portions. Refrigerate, covered, until firm enough to roll, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place blueberries, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll larger portion of dough into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, pressing dough onto bottom and slightly up sides of dish. Add filling. Roll remaining dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips; place over filling in a lattice pattern.
- Bake until top is golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Lattice Bars
"Pretty good recipe. I used frozen blueberries bc it's winter and they are cheaper but next time I will use fresh and tart blueberries and I think I'll have a better, stronger tasting bar."
"I put some crunchy sugar crystals on the top! They looked so fancy!"
"Very good, cookie like dough. I rolled the dough out between two pieces of parchment, that made it much easier to handle. Would definitely make this again."
"Lhad to keep the lattice top really cold or it broke as I tried to weave."