Blueberry/Kiwi Flan Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FRUIT LAYER:
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- CITRUS GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients together until blended. Divide dough in half; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased two 12-in. pizza pans or tart pans with removable bottoms.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool. Carefully remove one crust to round platter. Freeze the other crust for later use. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 3. In a large bowl, cream together cheese filling ingredients; spread on crust. Spread blueberries and kiwi on top of cheese layer in decorative pattern. Refrigerate.
- 4. For glaze, in a small saucepan, combining all the glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened; cool. Spread over fruit layer; refrigerate until serving time. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 256 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Blueberry/Kiwi Flan
"It was easy to make and the glaze keeps the fruit fresh. I like to make it for the 4th of July with strawberries and blueberries. There isn't any left when I take it to potlucks. In a pinch I use store bought cookie dough for the crust."
"This dish is DELICIOUS! It's wonderful as a summertime dessert :)"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.