VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FRUIT LAYER:
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- CITRUS GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients together until blended. Divide dough in half; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased two 12-in. pizza pans or tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool. Carefully remove one crust to round platter. Freeze the other crust for later use. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- In a large bowl, cream together cheese filling ingredients; spread on crust. Spread blueberries and kiwi on top of cheese layer in decorative pattern. Refrigerate.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combining all the glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened; cool. Spread over fruit layer; refrigerate until serving time. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry/Kiwi Flan in Country Woman July/August 1987, p29
Reviews forBlueberry/Kiwi Flan
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2011
"This dish is DELICIOUS! It's wonderful as a summertime dessert :)"