- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the apple juice concentrate into a saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin and allow to soften for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, finely chop blueberries, 1 cup at a time. Add lemon juice, spices and 2 cups of chopped berries to gelatin; heat over medium-low until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining berries and mix well.
- Pour into jars or plastic containers; store in the refrigerator up to three weeks. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Blueberry Jam
Sort By :
"the spices overwhelmed the berry flavor and it was hard to see when the gelatin dissolved"
"A little sour so added 1 cup of sugar to next batch - much better. To: VickVick - yes this can be canned, water process for 5 mins, DO NOT PRESSURE CAN as that method does not do well with hi acid foods. Good luck."
"I haven't made this recipe yet.. but my Mom and I are getting into canning this year and I was wondering if anyone knows if we can can this? Thanks for your help."
"Being diabetic and loving blueberry jam, this was a great recipe that allows me to eat my favorite things! Thanks for a great recipe! ( and ideas how to use with other fruits!)"
"Made it for Christmas gifts - and kept a bit too ;) The blueberries had a slight bitterness and the apple juice complimented it perfectly. It was NOT too sweet! It freezes well too - very easy recipe!"