At the height of blueberry season, you'll find me making many jars of this savory jam for friends and family. —Fran Boise, Marion, New York
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the apple juice concentrate into a saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin and allow to soften for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, finely chop blueberries, 1 cup at a time. Add lemon juice, spices and 2 cups of chopped berries to gelatin; heat over medium-low until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining berries and mix well.
- Pour into jars or plastic containers; store in the refrigerator up to three weeks. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Blueberry Jam in Country Woman July/August 1994, p36
Reviews for Blueberry Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review