Blueberry Ice Cream Topping Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and salt; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until the berries burst.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into hot blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Blueberry Ice Cream Topping
"This recipe was delicious!!! I used frozen blueberries. My only caution with this recipe is that the frozen blueberries dyed our mouths/tongues a dark shade of blue, so it may not be the ideal dessert in certain settings. Thanks for the yummy recipe!"
"Tastes like blueberry pie ice cream. Very good!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.