Blueberry Ice Cream Topping Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and salt; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until the berries burst.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into hot blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 23 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Ice Cream Topping
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.