Blueberry Ice Cream Tart
Absolutely no one will believe how easy this beautiful treat is to make! The quick crust boasts just a hint of cinnamon. It's a simply wonderful, cool summer dessert. —Shirley Foltz, Dexter, Kansas
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and cinnamon; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; gently fold in pie filling. Spread
- over crust. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10
- minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 316 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.