- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; gently fold in pie filling. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Ice Cream Tart
Sort By :
Unfortunately I did not read Diannekendall's comment before I made this dessert, and the filling melted the ice cream way too much. I gave the pie aboue 3 hrs to refreeze which was not nearly enough time :(. It was still delicious! But it was very soupy. I would definitely put the blueberry pie filling can in the fridge before adding it, and I would give the entire dessert overnight to freeze. I will be making this again, great summer dessert!
My kids love this and request that I make it every year when our blueberries come in. I just make my own blueberry pie filling and use that instead of canned. Simple!
Really good and so easy to make!
It was really good. My 13 year old daughter made three of these for Fourth of July family celebration and they were a hit. Some hints: put blueberry pie filling in the fridge overnight so it does not melt the ice cream. Place frozen pie in fridge for 30 minutes prior to serving, then briefly at room temp. This will help soften it without melting on the outside. Overall, it was quite a hit!
Easy! My family loved it. Have made it several times!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Ice Cream >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >