Blueberry Grunt Recipe
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heavy whipping cream, optional
- 1. In a skillet, combine blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the next six ingredients; stir in milk just until moistened (dough will be stiff). Drop by tablespoonfuls over blueberries.
- 3. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are puffed and test done. Serve warm with cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 240 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Grunt
"Good recipe! I used strawberries instead of blueberries. Easy to follow and nice for company."