Blueberry Gingerbread Cake Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, oil, molasses and salt. Beat in egg. Combine 2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg; add to the sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk. Place the remaining flour in a resealable plastic bag; add blueberries and shake lightly to coat. Fold into batter.
- 2. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cups: 267 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Blueberry Gingerbread Cake
"This was a huge hit with my husband and teenage sons. The gingerbread has a perfect texture, and the blueberries are a tasty surprise! Sprinkling sugar on top reminds me of old fashioned gingerbread cookies. Delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.