I make this recipe often, because I'm regularly asked to bring it along for potlucks. This dish can be served as either a salad or a dessert. And, preparing it a day ahead makes it taste even better!—Mildred Livingston, Phoenix, Arizona
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in blueberries. Pour into a 11-in. x 7-in. dish; chill until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and sour cream; mix well. Spread over the gelatin layer; sprinkle with pecans. Chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Gelatin Salad in Reminisce March/April 1995, p45
Reviews for Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review