“With all its blueberries, this is rich in antioxidants,” says Patricia Krusing of Phoenix, Arizona. “It's scrumptious and goes together in a snap.” If you have it on hand, this warm dessert pairs well with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch. Transfer to two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Crisp in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p49
Reviews for Blueberry Fruit Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review