Blueberry Fruit Cobbler Recipe
As a child, I was reared on a small farm in southeast Georgia, and tobacco was our main crop. Now blueberries are the main crop in our small town, which has a blueberry festival each year. This recipe was the winner in 2008! —Evelyn Dunlap, Nicolls, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:15 servings
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place blueberries in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over berries.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Spread over berry mixture. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 362 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC