- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place blueberries in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over berries.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Spread over berry mixture. Drizzle with melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Fruit Cobbler
Sort By :
"This was a disaster. Too sweet, too runny and soggy. Definitely, followed the directions to the letter. Good thing it wasn,t being served to strangers."
"I wasn't crazy about the crust. Good flavor, but I didn't like the texture."
"I took the advice of others and reduced sugar amounts. I'll reduce a little more next time. Still a bit sweet. But this was delectable!"
"3 cups of sugar to 6 cups of blueberries!!! I'm speachless.............."
"It was way too sweet. It took considerably longer to brown than the recipe said, and the cobbler topping was just ok. The blueberry base was runny. Not the best or even close to good for cobblers."