Blueberry French Toast Cobbler Recipe
Each summer I pick fresh blueberries and freeze them with this family favorite in mind. It's a great way to recapture the warmth of past summer days on chilly Midwestern mornings. —Mrs. Marie Herr, Berea, Ohio
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 4-1/2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder until smooth. Pour into a large shallow baking dish. Add bread slices, turning once to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, melted butter, cornstarch and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove both pans from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place prepared bread on top of blueberry mixture. Spread softened butter on top.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until toast is golden brown and blueberries are bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 240 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry French Toast Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC