Blueberry French Toast Cobbler Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 4-1/2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder until smooth. Pour into a large shallow baking dish. Add bread slices, turning once to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, melted butter, cornstarch and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove both pans from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place prepared bread on top of blueberry mixture. Spread softened butter on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until toast is golden brown and blueberries are bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry French Toast Cobbler(2)
Sort By :
We made this for our son's special birthday breakfast. I loved that this recipe was lower in fat, only 3 TBSP. for the whole thing! the frech toast part was simple and a good overall texture.
When making the blueberry mixture i will rduce the sugar by half next time. or use 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey.
also, i'm inspired by the success of this french toast and fruit combination, and next time i will make it with an apple cinnamon mixture.
Also, maybe my french bread was too big, but, i could not get 10 slices of bread into my 13x 9 pan.
When the recipe called for us to ' pour into a large shallow baking dish'. I assumed this meant a 13 x 9, but the bread did not fit. so i did a 15x 2 x 11 jelly roll pan and, added one more egg and 1/4 cup of milk to my mixture. it worked out nicely.