Blueberry French Toast Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice; stir in water until smooth. Add blueberries; mix well. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg substitute, milk, vanilla and salt. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture; arrange slices over berries.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until toast is golden brown and blueberries are bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry French Toast(8)
Sort By :
Yum! Got rave reviews!
This was so good! I made the sauce in a separate pan-same ingredients just cooked it on the stove. Same with the french toast. I was concerned about sogginess, plus I have one child that dislikes blueberries so this gave her an opportunity to eat the french toast with syrup. I also used 4 eggs in place of the egg substitute and about half the amount of blueberries. So delicious!
This was fantastic and I'm not a french toast fan (there's something about soggy bread that turns me off). We store our bread in the freezer and I did not thaw the loaf before using it. I think that helped it be a little less soggy. I had some extra pieces of bread that would not fit in the pan, so I cooked them on the stovetop and reserved some of the blueberry syrup from the pan for leftovers tomorrow.
wow says it all
This was easy and delicious. I made it for Father's Day and it was a big hit with everyone. I used blackberries instead of blueberries because I had some in the freezer and they were very good.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >