Blueberry Fizz Pops Recipe
The whole family will go bananas when they taste Margie Haen’s fizzy concoction of frozen berries and grape juice. Let’s see those smiling purple lips. —Margie Haen, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 3 to 4 drops neon purple food coloring, optional
- 2 cups sparkling Concord grape juice
- 16 freezer pop molds or 16 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- 1. Place blueberries, banana and, if desired, food coloring in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add grape juice and process until blended.
- 2. Fill each mold or cup with 1/4 cup blueberry mixture. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm. Yield: 16 pops.
1 pop equals 36 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC