- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in lemon peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Drop preserves by teaspoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter. For topping, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over tops.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Originally published as Blueberry-Filled Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p221
Reviews for Blueberry-Filled Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review