- Spread into crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and cornstarch;
- stir in water until smooth. Stir in 2 cups berries. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Gently stir in the lemon juice, mint and remaining berries. Pour
- over cheese filling.
- Cut decorative cutouts in remaining pastry; arrange over filling,
- leaving center uncovered. Brush pastry with egg white; sprinkle with
- remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes
- to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 442 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.