- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- CHEESE FILLING:
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- BLUEBERRY FILLING:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with bottom crust. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 375°.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk until blended. Spread into crust.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour and cornstarch; stir in water until smooth. Stir in 2 cups berries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Gently stir in the lemon juice, mint and remaining berries. Pour over cheese filling.
- Cut decorative cutouts in remaining pastry; arrange over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush pastry with egg white; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Dream Pie
"this delicious pie is a crowd pleaser. It looks as amazing as it tastes. The lemon really helps bring out the blueberry flavor."
"I never had a pie disappear so fast, everyone loved that lemon tart in it. Its a keeper."
"The taste was wonderful. However, it did not set up and we had to eat from bowls instead of on a plate. I did use frozen blueberries (no fresh ones to be found here) and perhaps there was too much liquid and I need more thickener?"
"This looks wonderful - blueberries are awesome!!!!"
"I love blueberries and cream cheese, they were meant for one another!"
"I used wild blueberries and it tasted amazing!"
"This was Great. I made it with fresh mixed berries instead of just blueberries. Everyone loved it."
"This was wonderful! I made it for a cookout for some friends and everyone raved about it. Unfortunately I didn't notice that it said deep-dish pie plate, so I couldn't use all of my filing. :( The mint really adds something special. A definite keeper!"