Blueberry-Dijon Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Minced fresh basil or tarragon, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the preserves, vinegar, blueberries and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 331 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry-Dijon Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.