Blueberry-Dijon Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Minced fresh basil or tarragon, optional
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the preserves, vinegar, blueberries and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 331 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry-Dijon Chicken
"Holy smokes! This was awesome! It is one of the best recipes I have tried in a long time. The fact that it was simple and quick was an added bonus. I couldn't find plain raspberry vinegar at the store so I used the raspberry balsamic that I had on hand. I would do it exactly the same next time around, which I hope is soon."
"I absolutely loved this recipe, as did my husband!!! I love blueberries any time but to have them at dinner was superb! So easy and delicious!!!"
"We loved this recipe! I substituted blueberry balsamic vinegar for the raspberry vinegar and grilled the chicken instead of pan-frying. I will definitely be making this again!"
"This recipe is really good, it is different, but good. I had company over when I made it and they said it was like something from a fancy place out to eat. The vinegar was a bit strong though and will be toning it down a bit the next time I make this dish."
"We loved it! My husband was skeptical about blueberries with chicken and ended up loving every bite. I made with cheese tortellinis and corn on the cob. We felt like we ate at a five star restaurant."
"This my go to recipe for summer ~ frozen blueberrys work wonderful and I find in a pinch this is perfect, try it you will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!"
"This was excellent, and easy!"
"Outstanding recipe ~ our family loved this, thank you for sharing!"
"This was excellent and easy to make! Thanks!"
"I made this tonight for dinner and was delighted by it's extraordinary flavor. I will definately make this again."
"This recipe is superb and very easy to make. Will definitely make it again!"
"Everyone in the family loved this. It wasn't hard or time-consuming to make, and it looked and tasted delicious. It is now our family's favorite chicken recipe."
"A wonderful alternative to bland chicken. The vinegar and mustard give it a delightful tang. My husband and I both loved it!"
"It was superb, tastes way better than it sounds"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.