Blueberries and chicken may seem like a strange combination, but prepare to be pleasantly surprised. I add a sprinkling of minced fresh basil as the finishing touch. —Susan Marshall, Colorado Spgs, Colorado
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Minced fresh basil or tarragon, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the preserves, vinegar, blueberries and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Dijon Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p54
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Blueberry-Dijon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review