- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Minced fresh basil or tarragon, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the preserves, vinegar, blueberries and mustard, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Serve with chicken. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Blueberry-Dijon Chicken
Sort By :
"I absolutely loved this recipe, as did my husband!!! I love blueberries any time but to have them at dinner was superb! So easy and delicious!!!"
"We loved this recipe! I substituted blueberry balsamic vinegar for the raspberry vinegar and grilled the chicken instead of pan-frying. I will definitely be making this again!"
"This recipe is really good, it is different, but good. I had company over when I made it and they said it was like something from a fancy place out to eat. The vinegar was a bit strong though and will be toning it down a bit the next time I make this dish."
"We loved it! My husband was skeptical about blueberries with chicken and ended up loving every bite. I made with cheese tortellinis and corn on the cob. We felt like we ate at a five star restaurant."
"This my go to recipe for summer ~ frozen blueberrys work wonderful and I find in a pinch this is perfect, try it you will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!"