Blueberry Custard Parfait Recipe
A retired nurse whose hobby is cooking, Mildred Stubbs, Hamlet, North Carolina shares this refreshing dessert.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a saucepan, combine eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is slightly thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 18 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the vanilla, peels and nutmeg. Cool for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff. Fold two-thirds into the custard. Layer custard and blueberries in parfait glasses. Garnish with remaining cream. Chill for 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 294 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC