- stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of
- hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat. Stir in blueberries and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- For meringue, in a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Bake at 350° for
- 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour;
- refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 212 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.