- 1 loaf (16 ounces) day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Arrange half of the bread slices in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla. Slowly pour half of the cream mixture over the bread. Top with remaining bread and egg mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top. Top with blueberries and walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Crunch Breakfast Bake in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p43
Reviews for Blueberry Crunch Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review